Saturday, May 19, 2007

Contemporary Christian

I don't listen to much Contemporary Christian music, but my Sweetie does, so I figured I should put an entry in for a few songs in this genre.

The first is from Sandi Patty, and is not really overtly religious at all, although Sandi is most definitely a practising Christian. Love_Will_Be_Our_Home is a great example of her wonderful voice. It is off of her album ....... uh, well phooey! I don't know what album, (if any!), this song is from. Any of you Sandi Patty fans know?

Here is her website: http://www.sandipatty.com . She has an interesting discography. (At least I think so!)

The next song is from Shirley Caesar, off of her Sailin' CD: Let_Your_Spirit_Fall_on_Me . If you live in the Raleigh-Durham area of North Carolina, USA, you NEED to own at least one Shirley Caesar recording, as she is a local hero in those parts. There is even a street named after her in Durham. Go to maps.google.com, and type in this address: "shirley caesar court, durham, nc 27701".

Here is her website: http://www.shirleycaesar.com . She just released her 41st, (41st!!), CD.

Finally, a little rowdy inspiration bluegrass from the David Crowder band: I_Saw_The_Light . Be aware this is a .wma file, because yours truly hasn't figured out how to convert this to an mp3 file yet. But it's a nice song, off the "B Collision" CD.

Did you know "I Saw the Light" was written by Hank Williams?

http://www.davidcrowderband.com/ is the band's website. It's a pretty cool website, once you figure out how to navigate around. Check it out!

No comments: