Sunday, May 27, 2007

..... and speaking of Guitarman Sam

Speaking of Guitarman Sam, here is a song he recorded with John Woodard: When_The_Band. Besides playing guitar, Sam cooks up a damn file tamale, and is married to one of the coolest chicks in the Carolinas. But to hear him play these days may take some effort, not the least of which will be traveling to Columbia, South Carolina, USA. (When and where are you playing again, Sam?)

Another song I'd like to post, just because I like to play it for my Sweetie, is a B.B. King & Irma Thomas duet called We're_Gonna_Make_It. It goes out to my buddy Jeff, too, who has had more than his share of hard luck. (Hang in there, Buddy! Things are gonna change!)

"We're Gonna Make It" is from B.B. King's "Blues Summit" CD, a collection of collaborations with many famous artists. I assume everyone knows who B.B. King is, so how about a Wikipedia link to Irma Thomas.

Just because I like the Blues, here is Sweet_Black_Angel by Earl Hooker, (NOT John Lee, who was his cousin!), which is on the
"Simply the Best"
CD. This is what Wikipedia says about Earl Hooker.

And finally, to satisfy curious minds, (you know who you are, PAUL), I had instant oatmeal with golden raisins for breakfast this morning.

No comments: