Tuesday, June 5, 2007

So, Ken, does anyone read your blog?

Does anyone read my blog?

I have been asked this question, and I immediately answer, "Of course!" And it is true. Friends, family .... at least once ....... maybe.

Okay, here's the deal: it does not matter whether only 1 person ever reads this blog, because it costs me absolutely nothing to post to it. I only lose my time, which is not really a loss, because I am learning all about blogging in the process. And if that one person hears some music s/he likes, and then buys the CD because of this blog, then I have done my job. (Ta da! Give that boy a medal!)

And besides, I am making money off this blog! Why just a little over a week ago, I received my first payment from Google Adsense. Okay, it was only for 42¢, but hey, even the largest financial empires have to start somewhere, right?

I've also been asked why I get so few comments. (Confession: the only comment to date was posted by me!) Part of the reason for this is that to leave a comment, you need a blogspot id, which I think is a real bummer. I know that if I am browsing a website, and I have to create an id to leave a comment, I just won't leave a comment.

So there!!

No comments: